Last updated: 15 March 2022
Covid-19: Exams FAQs
Are exam sessions in France running at the moment?
We continue to deliver our examination session where at all possible, however, there may be situations where we are obliged to cancel or postpone exam sessions at this time. If your examination session is cancelled, we will contact you and do our best to try to find a solution for you.
In addition, processes on test day may be slower than usual; therefore, we ask your consideration of our test day staff also.
How can I transfer or request a refund for my exam ?
Can I collect my exam certificate from your office?
You can access your results for IELTS through your profile on the IELTS Candidate Portal. You can preview your IELTS test results 13 calendar days from the test date for paper-based tests and 5-7 calendar days for computer delivered tests.
IELTS results remain online for 28 days, but should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance.
You can pick up your TRF at the British Council Paris Invalides Centre on Wednesday or Friday afternoons.
We are not able to provide test results over the phone, by email or fax for security reasons.
Is it safe for me to take an English test with the British Council? / I am enrolled for an exam session – what health / protection measures do you have in place?
The health of our test takers and staff is our priority. Before we open any test centre:
- We ensure that we are following all local government safety guidelines as well as those of the British Council.
- We brief our test centre staff so they are up to date on what to do and how to prepare for the arrival of test takers.
We have put the following measures in place to make our test centres as safe as possible:
- Test venues will be cleaned thoroughly prior to each test session.
- In the case of computer-delivered tests, all equipment will be sanitised prior to each session.
- Wearing a mask is recommended but not mandatory
- If you would like to, you may also wear latex gloves, although this is not required.
- We will provide sanitisers throughout the test venue and we ask that all test takers use them regularly or wash their hands to help ensure a safe environment.
- We will not provide pens or pencils to test takers who will be asked to bring their own stationery on the test day.
Do I need to wear face mask at your premises?
Mask are no longer mandatory although recommended
Do you provide gloves and disinfecting hand gel?
We will have hand sanitisers located at different points at the test venue. We will also ensure that there is liquid soap in the bathrooms so that test takers can wash their hands.
We will not be providing masks, but test takers will be required to bring their own on the test day.
Furthermore, we will not be providing latex gloves. You can bring your own, but they are not mandatory.
How I can contact Customer Service?
Find out how to contact us here.
What are the differences between the computer delivered and paper-based test formats?
For more information on this, please see our dedicated IELTS page.
How can I prepare for the IELTS test?
The British Council provides plenty of resources to make your IELTS test a success. Check out the dedicated pages and find out which courses, links, and apps are right for you.