As part of the Study UK: Discover You campaign, we are launching a free massive open online course (MOOC).
This online course will provide international education agents, counsellors and consultants with advice on becoming a professional education agent for the UK.
What will you learn?
It will develop your knowledge of:
- the UK education and training system
- the attractions for students in the UK
- quality assurance systems and how they operate
- student lifestyle issues
- welfare and support for international students
- application processes and entry requirements.
What topics will you cover?
- understanding the benefits of study in the UK
- learning why students choose the UK
- defining the skills, knowledge and responsibilities needed to get students onto the right course
- understanding how UK institutions support learners
- exploring the resources available to support agents, counselors and advisors
Who is the course for?
This course is designed primarily for those counselling students looking to come to the UK to study, including school counsellors, education agents and those interested in becoming education agents. Potential students and learners who are interested in coming to the UK to study will also find the course informative and useful. English at level B1 on the CEFR is required.
How to apply
You can sign up directly to the FutureLearn platform