The IELTS test has been designed to be a fair reflection of your English skills. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have. We also make every effort to cater for all our candidates.
If you have a disability or special need, please contact us to discuss your circumstances. Please note that it can take up to three months for us to put special arrangements in place so we’ll need to hear from you as soon as possible.
When you book your test, we’ll also need you to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years.
WHAT SORT OF HELP CAN I GET?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print and Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write answers
- a Braille word-processor.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- a word processor
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.