The Herbert Smith Freehills -Entente Cordiale scholarship has now been incorporated into the main Entente Cordiale scholarship scheme. All applicants for the Herbert Smith Freehikks scholarship for legal master's degrees are requested to apply via the Entente Cordiale scholarship scheme where the criteria for candidates wishing to undertake legal studies in the UK remain the same as previous years.
Herbert Smith Freehills Entente Cordiale scholarships in law
What courses does the Herbert Smith Freehills Entente Cordiale scholarship cover?
Herbert Smith Freehills is offering one scholarship to French students wishing to study law full-time at Masters level (LLM) in a UK university for the academic year 2019-2020 in the fields listed below:
- Business law
- International banking and finance law
- Intellectual property/technology, media and communications law
- Labour law
- Energy and infrastructure
- Litigation and international arbitration
- Tax law
- Property law
- European or International law
The scholarship can help to fund an LLM programme for a period of 12 months maximum in a British university. The scholarship is awarded for one year only and is not renewable, and must concern studies in the disciplines listed above.
Can I apply?
To be eligible, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- As the scholarship is Franco-British, you must have either French nationality or have completed your higher education in France to bac+4
- You need to have an academic level of bac+4 in one of the areas of law mentioned in the list above
- You need to have an excellent level of English : most universities require a minimum score of 6.5 at the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test for studies at postgraduate level
- You need to be intending to pursue a whole year of full-time study in the UK, and you need to have had at least one application acknowledged by a UK university
- You need to have received a conditional offer from a UK university
- You need to provide evidence of an excellent academic level and show ambition to become influential in your area of study
What are the benefits of a Herbert Smith Freehills – Entente Cordiale scholarship?
- 10 000 Euros contribution towards funding your studies
- The opportunity to be part of the diverse and meaningful network of Entente Cordiale scholars
What are the selection criteria?
The following criteria will be evaluated in your application:
- Master 1 juridique in one of the disciplines mentioned in the list above
- Qualification from a grande école appreciated (HEC, ESCP Europe, ESSEC, Sciences Po…)
- Proven interest for the practice of law (notably through internships)
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken)
- Determination and clear ambition
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking and ability to take decisions
- Dynamism and motivation.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to get results