Your health and safety
Measures in our exam venues
The health of our test takers and staff is our priority. Before we open any test centre:
- We ensure that we are following all local government safety guidelines as well as those of the British Council.
- We brief our test centre staff so they are up to date on what to do and how to prepare for the arrival of test takers.
We have put the following measures in place to make our test centres as safe as possible:
- Test venues will be cleaned thoroughly prior to each test session.
- In the case of computer-delivered tests all equipment will be sanitised prior to each session.
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- You will be required to wear a mask in all common areas and maintain a two-metre [adapt to local regulations if applicable] physical distance at all times.
- If you would like to, you may also wear latex gloves although this is not required.
- We will provide sanitisers throughout the test venue and we ask that all test takers use them regularly or wash their hands to help ensure a safe environment.
- We will not provide pens or pencils to test takers who will be asked to bring their own stationery on the test day.
Measures in our English learning centres
- We provide you with hand gel at key access points in our buildings but also in our classroom. We encourage you to regularly wash your hands or use hand gel when in our premises.
Wearing face masks
- If you are 11 and above we ask that you wear your own mask in our premises (covering your mouth and nose).
- Whenever possible, please maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters with others when in our public spaces.
- Only one person at a time is allowed to use the lift.
- We limit the number of students in each class depending on its volume.
- We ask that you do not move furniture in our classrooms as these have been set to maximise social distancing.
- We monitor and control the flow of students before/ after classes and during breaks.
- Breaks are staggered so no class will have a break at the same time as another class on the same floor.
- Floor markers are placed at key transit locations in the building to remind you of the importance of maintaining a safe distance.
- we cannot loan you stationary. You are asked to bring your own including your own water bottle.
Increased ventilation and cleaning
- Your classroom is ventilated between each class and during breaks.
- All classrooms are disinfected before each class. We may ask for your support in cleaning your desk using wipes.
- Toilets, basins, door handles, staircase handrails and other surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected every day.
Limited access to our premises
- We reserve the right to refuse entry if you do not wear or wear incorrectly your mask. Your face mask must cover your mouth and nose at all times. We have a small stock of masks for visitors who may forget to bring their own.
- Only students will be able to enter our centres. A collection point will be communicated to parents when they bring or collect their child.
- If you are diagnosed with covid-19 (or if you have covid-19 like symptoms) please do not come to class and inform our team of your absence - email@example.com.
- If a student or teacher in your class is contaminated, we will inform you in writing so that you can take measures to seek medical advice.
In case of lockdown
- All our classes will revert to online learning with the same teacher and at the same time. Students and parents will be sent information by email on how to access remote learning.