As higher education becomes increasingly global and competitive, an ever-greater focus is being placed on international rankings, research collaborations, institutional networks and alliances, and the mobility of students and faculty. As universities across Europe develop their international approaches, this seminar will encourage reflection, share experiences and build connections with some of the most influential Higher Education personages. Key topics for discussion will be:
- What opportunities and challenges do global higher education trends present for institutions?
- How are institutions evolving networks, associations and alliances to increase competitivity?
- How do institutions develop their internationalisation approaches?
- Influential figures in higher education will lead and stimulate discussion through panel discussions.
- 09.30 - 10.00: Arrival and welcome words
- 10.00 - 10.30: Welcome words
- 10.30 - 12.00: Scene setting : Internationalisation - a story of metrics and rankings?
- 12.00 - 13.00 : Panel discussion 1: Increasing universities' international footprints - the policy perspective
- 13.00 - 14.30 : Lunch
- 14.30 - 15.45 : Panel discussion 2: Developing networks and alliances - the European sector perspective
- 15.45 - 17.30 : Panel discussion 3: Implementing an internationalisation strategy - practical answers
- 17.30 - 17.45 : Closing words
- 18.00 - 19.00 : Cocktail
- Bianka STEGE, Director Education and Society EU Region, British Council
- Pr Alain FUCHS, President, PSL
Internationalisation – a story of metrics and rankings?
- Ellie BOTHWELL, Global Rankings Editor, THE
- Stéphane VINCENT-LANCRIN, Deputy Head of Division and Senior Analyst, OECD
- Béatrice KHAIAT, Executive Director, Campus France
- Thierry COULHON, Counsellor for Education & HE and Research & Education, Elysée
Increasing universities’ international footprints - the policy perspective
- Marie-Christine LEMARDELEY, Chargée de toutes les questions relatives à l'enseignement supérieur, la vie étudiante, la recherche, Adjointe à la Maire de Paris (TBC)
- Michael WORTON, President of PSL’s Strategic Orientation Commitee, PSL
- Jack THOMLINSON, Senior Policy Advisor, Department for Education
Developing networks and alliances – the European sector perspective
- Vivienne STERN, Director, UUKi
- Michael HENGARTNER, President, Swiss Rector’s Conference
- Giorgio MARINONI, HE Internationlization Policy and Projects, International Association of Universities
Implementing an internationalisation strategy – practical answers
- Marc MEZARD, Director, Ecole Normale Supérieure
- Jean CHAMBAZ, President, Sorbonne Université
- Sylvie RETAILLEAU, Présidente, Paris-Saclay
- Maggie DALLMAN, Vice-President International, Imperial
This is a closed event. If you want to find out more about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.