Our “Talks in English” series is organised through our English language Centre and is open and free to our adult students and the public, depending on the seats available. We offer monthly talks on a wide range of topics, given by our teachers and external speakers. The next programme will be published shortly.
Programme from 2021-22 as a reference
- 23 September at 7 pm - Inside a writer's toolbox with author Lawrence Battersby
- 21 October at 7 pm - How the internet has affected journalism with Jon Henley from the Guardian
- 18 November at 7 pm - A virtual tour of Père Lachaise cemetery with Simon Handy, one of our teachers who has an MA in the history of Paris.
- 17 February at 7 pm - The Beatles: Why we love them so much, one of our excellent teachers, also a stand-up comic, Luke Thompson
- 17 March at 7 pm - Screening in English: Churchill and the Movie Mogul: in the company of Director/Producer John Fleet, followed by Q&A
- 21 April at 7 pm - Artificial Intelligence & changing consumer patterns: Steve Seggie, Associate Professor at ESSEC
- 19 May at 7pm - Culture shock ( Live Podcast ) with stand up comic Luke Thompson
- 2 June at 7pm - Platinum Jubilee - celebrating the Queen's 70 years on the throne with Amy Brightling