Our work in the arts supports emerging artists from the UK to engage with opportunities internationally, developing their professional networks and sharing their work with new audiences. We build cultural exchange and connections between artists, creative professionals and arts organisations through new partnerships and conversations, harnessing the power of the arts and creative thinking to tackle shared global challenges such as inclusion and climate change.
Working with us
- We prioritise contemporary creation and new or emerging artistic talent across art forms
- We support artists and organisations to build networks and collaborate internationally
- We highlight the UK as a diverse, creative and innovative nation
- We work thematically on cross-cutting topics such as cultural diversity and inclusion, sustainability and climate change
- We build mutually beneficial partnerships with like-minded arts organisations, institutions and networks in France and in Europe
- We work bilaterally in some of our partnerships, and multi-laterally in others
- We work collaboratively where we can contribute to content and not as an arts funder
How we work in the arts
We work with different people, organisations and cross-cutting themes to contribute to artistic and cultural exchange in a range of ways:
Our work with emerging artists:
We support UK or UK-based talented emerging artists to show their work to new audiences in France and make new professional connections.
Our work in sustainability:
We aim to foster dialogue around circular design and the circular economy, covering topics such as climate change, material waste and making cultures.
Our work in arts and disability:
We want to challenge the status quo by highlighting exciting and unique creation by professional disabled artists and disabled-led companies and sharing expertise from specialist disabled-led organisations.
Our work with cultural professionals:
We work with our UK partners to support artistic exchange by regularly inviting French arts professionals to key events and festivals, to meet artists and discover the latest developments in the UK arts scene.
UK-EU artist mobility:
We support continued international cooperation through collaboration funds to develop artistic partnerships between the UK and other European countries, and provide links to resources giving further practical information about artist mobility.