British Council France top 5 tips for choosing the best UK university experience for you:
- Think carefully about the course AND the campus- you will potentially be living there for four years. Are you someone more suited to the fast pace of London or would you prefer a quieter small town?
- Check out university league tables but remember there is no official table.
- Plan ahead. If you are an undergraduate student check UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) deadlines carefully and begin to prepare your personal statement early.
- Try and visit the university. Most universities hold several open days a year where you can chat to current students, check out accommodation and visit facilities such as the library.
- Look at the extra-curricular activities the university has to offer and the lifestyle you want as a student – are you someone who enjoys nightlife or would you rather be putting in hours at the university library? Think about what attracts you to student life in the UK.
Our best piece of advice is to research your options and choose the right course and university. Our first recommendation to students overwhelmed by choice is to use our Study UK website to get an idea of courses available, institutions and geographical locations. University open days, contact with former alumni and the university website are all excellent ways to decide whether you want to spend 3, or even 4, significant years of your life somewhere.
UCAS: Universities Central Council on Admissions to apply for Undergraduate studies in the UK
StudyUK: your free web portal to studying in the UK