Diaphonique is a bilateral fund for classical contemporary music, supporting collaborative projects between France and the UK which include commissions, concerts, tours, residencies and educative projects. Through Diaphonique we aim to :
- Foster artistic exchanges and deepen the dialogue between musicians and composers from both side of the Channel
- Promote long-lasting partnerships between French and British musical organisations
- Foster creativity by supporting commissions
- Help upcoming artists and composers in their career development
Diaphonique is supported by the Institut français, Institut français du Royaume-Uni, the British Council, Creative Scotland, the French Ministry of Culture, Sacem, Bureau Export, Fondation Francis et Mica Salabert, and by private donors.
We consider classical contemporary music to be music composed within the last 30 years or in the process of being composed, and repertoire matching one of the following categories:
- instrumental, vocal, mixed or electro-acoustic contemporary classical music
- new forms of improvised and electronic music
- computer-assisted composition and research with multi-media tools.
Your project must show strong partnerships and create links between the two countries by:
- Encouraging an artistic collaboration between artists and/or composers across the two sides of the Channel.
- Involving new or existing works composed by British or French composers. Repertoire from both countries is preferred.
- Performing the project in France or in the UK. Projects taking place in both countries will be prioritised.
Diaphonique does not fund individual projects. Artists and composers cannot apply directly. Hosting organisations make the application, artists and composers cannot apply directly.
How to apply ?
All information and the application form are available from the Diaphonique website.