THE NEW CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW OPEN. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED UNTIL 16 MAY 20212.
Fluxus Art Projects supports emerging visual artists and curators at a key moment in their international career, funding artist exhibitions and curatorial visits on both sides of the Channel. The scheme is managed in a three-way partnership between the British Council France, the Institut français and the French Ministry of Culture.
Through two open calls a year, Fluxus supports a selection of group or solo exhibitions and curatorial residencies, bringing the French and British scenes closer and supporting connections between artists, curators and arts institutions in the UK and France. Every year around £100,000 is awarded to successful projects selected by a committee of arts experts from both countries.
Fluxus has funded projects by more than 150 exciting and innovative contemporary artists since its inception, including Anthea Hamilton, Ryan Gander, Laure Prouvost, Neil Beloufa, Marguerite Humeau, Lucy Skaer and many others.
Fluxus also has a growing programme for patrons, who contribute almost a third of the overall funds through individual tax-deductible donations, and are based in France and in the UK.
Through Fluxus Art Projects, we are able to support around 12 exhibitions a year in France of work by UK artists, most of whom are showing their work in a French institution or arts space for the first time. Applications are made by the host institution (not the artist) and an open call for proposals is made in November and May every year.
Fluxus Art Projects gives priority to non-profit organisations and bilateral exchanges. Only the French and British organisations falling within the following categories may submit a project:
- Art centres, museums, cultural institutions, artist-run spaces, project spaces
- Art education organisations
- Research centres and studios
Support granted by Fluxus Art Projects covers a wide spectrum of activities and may involve the following types of projects:
- Residencies of artists and curators
- Academic programmes or workshops
Fluxus does not finance individual projects.Applications must be submitted by production organisations or event organisers and not by the artists themselves.
The new call for applications is now open. Applications will be acknowledged until 16 May 2022.
Full information on the programme, selection criteria and the application form are available on the Fluxus Art Projects website.
Project selected January - July 2022
- Alicia Paz, Maison de l'Amérique Latine , Paris 27 janvier - 31 mars
- Fabienne Audeoud, Dan Mitchell, John Russell 'Les Trois Mouseketeers' , Synagogue de Delme 25 février - 29 mai 2022
- Dominique White Triangle France, Marseille 11 mars - 5 juin 2022
- Douglas Gordon Fondation Giacometti , Paris 20 avril - 12 juin 2022
- Tania Kovats ArtConnexion Lille 4 mai - 16 juillet 2022
- Marine Hugonnier Jeu de Paume 8 juin - 18 sept. 2022
- Phoebe Boswell, Lucy McRae, Eva Fabregas, Joanna Piotrowska La Biennale de Lyon 14 sept - 31 dec 2022
- Julien Creuzet, Camden Art Centre 14 janvier - 27 mars 2022
- Justin Fitzpatrick The Tetley, Leeds 26 janvier - 8 mai 2022
- Thomas Pellerey Grogan , SpaceLondon février 2022
- Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster Serpentine, London 8 avril - 28 août 2022
- Chrystelle Oyiri Tramway Glasgow 30 avril - 14 août 2022
- Alice Theobald South London Gallery 9 mars - 5 juin 2022
- Clementine Bruno, Eva Gold, Mara Fortunatovic, Bella Riza The Kopple Projectfévrier - mars 2022
- Liv Schulman Mimosa House London mai - septembre 2022