Last year, over two million people took exams with the British Council in more than 90 countries worldwide.
We offer the IELTS test - the world’s leading English language proficiency test - in several locations throughout France. In Paris and its suburbs we offer Cambridge English exams and the BULATS test. Additionally, you can sit university and professional exams on our premises in Paris, including the Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) on behalf of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IoL). We also offer courses, qualifications and exams for teachers.
Take an exam with us and enjoy the benefits of our services:
- long-standing experience in delivering high quality exams
- highly trained and experienced personnel who meet British Council and exam board standards
- qualified examiners trained and accredited by Cambridge English Language Assessment
- carefully selected venues, all equipped with modern facilities
- listening tests conducted with state-of-the-art audio equipment
- free access to Road to IELTS, our online self-study resource for IELTS test takers
- support for teachers and learners of English through our TeachingEnglish and LearnEnglish websites.
Schools and institutions wishing to make group bookings or run exam sessions on their premises may join an exclusive group and receive additional benefits:
- IELTS for schools and institutions
- Cambridge English for teachers and schools
- BULATS for businesses.
Our aim is to provide a positive and fair examination experience for all candidates. Take an exam with us to improve your employment prospects and enhance your chances of continuing your education in France or abroad.
Our five corporate values govern our culture and guide how we treat the people we work with: Valuing people, Integrity, Mutuality, Creativity and Professionalism.