When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g., immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
- Book an IELTS test on paper (Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Strasbourg, or Toulouse).
- Book an IELTS test on computer (Paris and Marseille)
- Book IELTS for UKVI (Paris only).
|IELTS Academic and General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||€240|
IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) – in centre (paper or computer)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) – in centre (paper or computer)||€170/€175*||Book now
*170€ until 28 February 2022, 175€ from 1 March.
To book your test you will need
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a clear colour scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system with a credit card.
|You must bring the same identity document to the test venue, that you have registered with online. In cases of identity document changes, candidates must notify the British Council a minimum of 72 hours advance. Less than this timeframe and identity document changes will not be accepted.|
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming: Confirmation email serves as a convocation letter.
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date: Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.