The British Council in France offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at one of our offices). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
- Book a paper based IELTS test (Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Strasbourg or Toulouse).
- Book a computer delivered IELTS test (Paris only)
- Book IELTS for UKVI (Paris only).
Test we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||€240||
Book now (Jan/Feb)
Book now (March)
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||€240||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||€262||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||€165||Book now
To book your test you will need
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear colour scan of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer or by cheque. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt (if applicable) with the rest of your registration documents by email.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address in one of our eight centres across France.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.